Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hike #8: Macleay Trails

Two evening hikes in a row?! You betcha.

After enjoying a delicious brisket sandwich at Smokehouse 21, I took a Lyft out to the Audobon Society so I could do another short, evening hike.

I crossed Cornell Road and briefly took the Wildwood Trail to the junction with the Upper Macleay Trail. This time, I turned right so that I could take the Upper Macleay Trail until it connected back with the Wildwood Trail.


I continued walking along the Upper Macleay Trail to NW Macleay Blvd, where I then turned in a sort of "V" shape and took the Macleay Trail.



I took the Macleay Trail back to the Wildwood Trail and then walked along the Wildwood Trail for just a bit until it met up with the Cumberland Trail, where you can find a Pokestop.



I walked along the Cumberland trail until it met up with the Tunnel Trail. Since the Tunnel Trail is only .17 miles long, I decided to just take the trail down to Cornell and then walk back up to the Cumberland Trail. Although it is a short trail, it is rather steep, and I was huffing and puffing for air by the time I got back to the Cumberland Trail.



I then took the Cumberland Trail to NW Cumberland Rd, which completed my hike. There's a Pokemon GO Gym at the Cumberland Trailhead!



I then meandered through the West Hills neighborhoods to get to the streetcar on NW 23rd. Along the way, I met a very friendly cat, which was the perfect end to my little excursion.



Google Maps doesn't seem to think the Macleay Trails exist, so you can see my route marked on this map, in blue marker (the orange marker is from yesterday's route):

No comments:

Post a Comment