Monday, August 1, 2016

Hike #7: Lower Macleay Park to Pittock Mansion

Despite being both physically and mentally exhausted from work, I made myself go on a short hike after work. I'm glad I did, because I now know how awesome evening hikes are - the trails are dark, cool, and far less crowded.

I took the streetcar out to Northwest and then walked to Lower Macleay Park to begin my journey.


I had previously completed the section between Lower Macleay Park and the Witches Castle, and this time, I continued straight onto the Wildwood Trail, up towards the Audubon Society.



I came across two slugs who appeared to either be quite fond of each other or wrestling. I'm not sure.


After reaching the upper portion of Macleay Park, I crossed Cornell Road to continue along the Wildwood Trail, turning left at the junction to take the Wildwood Trail to Pittock Mansion. This section of the Wildwood Trail has always been one of my favorites.



I eventually made it to Pittock Mansion, where I sat and enjoyed the view of the city for a bit.


I can see my apartment from here!
I then headed back out towards the parking lot to continue making my way along the Wildwood Trail until I reached Burnside. I had to walk along the side of Burnside for about 1/4 of a mile to get to the nearest bus stop, which was a little terrifying. In total, Google Maps says I hiked 3.4 miles... not bad for a quick, after work hike!


Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment