Monday, August 22, 2016

Hike #9: Wildwood Trail to Washington Park

I've been hiking all over southern British Columbia for the last couple of weeks - which was AHmazing - but now I am back to my Forest Park All Trails Challenge!

Today I did a short little hike along the Wildwood Trail, starting at Burnside and making my way to the Wildwood trailhead inside Washington Park.


After a little while, I came to a Redwood Deck, which was a great spot to take a break and enjoy the trees and the views.



The trail winds throughout Washington Park and Hoyt Aboretum, crossing several roads. It also takes you past an archery range, where I got to see some archery in action.


While walking along the trail, I came across a chip bag that was just left on the side of the trail. I picked it up and carried it with me until I came across a garbage can so I could throw it away. Pick up your trash, people!!


Towards the end of the trail, you come to a viewpoint, which on a clear day would allow you to easily see Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier.  I was able to spot both mountains today, though it's difficult to tell in this picture.


Upon completing the trail, I walked to the MAX station by the Zoo and headed home. In total, I walked a little over 3 miles.


With a little less than 2 months left to complete the All Trails Challenge, I've still got many miles to go, so I've got to go on longer and more frequent hikes. Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment