Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hike #13: Firelane 1, Wildwood, Chestnut, and Nature Trails

Three hikes in a row! This time, featuring the mother.

The aforementioned mother.
We started off at the trailhead for Firelane 1, which is where Mick and I finished up yesterday. We walked to the junction with the Wildwood Trail, where we took a left. Along the way, we saw a BUNCH of slugs, most likely because it had been raining throughout the day.



We meandered along the Wildwood Trail until we reached the Chestnut trail, where we took a right.




Then we walked along the Chestnut Trail until it met up with Leif Erikson Drive. After a very short walk along Leif Erikson, we found the Nature Trail and turned right.




We accidentally completed the connector trail between the Nature Trail and Wildwood Trail, but I eventually realized my mistake and got us back on track. We continued walking along the Nature Trail until we met back up with Firelane 1, which we then took back to the car.


While walking along the Nature Trail, I got stung by a plant that I tried to move out of my way, and it made my fingers burn and swell. Stinging nettle, perhaps?


Below is the route we took, outlined in big, fat red marker.


After our hike, we went up to Council Crest to enjoy the sunset and a surprise rainbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment