Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hike #4: Ridge Trail to Leif Erikson to Tolinda Trail

Another hike! I'm slowly chipping away at those 80 miles of trails. Today's hike began with a walk across the St. John's Bridge to the west side, and then I headed up the Ridge Trail, which I had experienced on a previous hike a few weeks ago.


St. John's Bridge from the Ridge Trail

This connected me to Leif Erikons Drive. where I turned right and headed north.



While walking along Leif Erikson, I came across the remains of an old house or other structure. I sat on the steps and enjoyed a quick lunch break.


Then I continued on until I reached the Tolinda Trail, which took me south down the hills to Germantown Road.


Walking along the side of Germantown Road was, quite frankly, terrifying. There's not much room (in some places, none at all) for a pedestrian to walk along the side of the road. Thankfully, I only had to walk about 1/4 of a mile to get back to the frontage road for the St. John's Bridge, where there's a sidewalk. Then I walked back across the bridge, got on the bus, and headed home.

Below is the Google Maps version of my hike:


However, there are two trails that connect from the frontage road to the Ridge Trail, and Google Maps does not recognize the one I took. So below, you can see the trail I took marked with a blue marker.


If my calculations are correct, I have hiked about 13.5 miles of the trail system so far. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment