Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hike #3: Wildwood to Waterline to Leif Erikson to Cannon Trail

Today was an eventful day! First, I attended the Portland Pride Parade with a variety of friends, new and old. It was a beautiful day for a parade, and it was great to see so many people in attendance, showing their support for the LGBTQ community.




After the parade, I headed out to Forest Park to get my hike on. I started from the Wildwood Trail just off Germantown Road (which is a lovely, winding road). The sunlight coming through the canopy was simply spectacular.


I came to the junction with the Waterline Trail and then took a left. I walked down this trail for a bit until it met up with Leif Erikson Dr, where I took another left.



This takes you to the very end of the Leif Erikson trail, which deposits you into a parking lot. From there, I found the Cannon Trail, which took me all the way back to the Wildwood Trailhead.



I took many pictures of slugs, of course...



And also some various fungi, including Indian Pipe (the white fungus).


According to Google Maps, I hiked 2.3 miles. Not bad for a quick, Sunday afternoon hike!


No comments:

Post a Comment